The Avaya IP Office 9600 series of business telephones are powerful desk phones that offer brilliant audio quality, low power requirements, customisability and performance.
Here is a guide to using voicemail…
1. Press the message button
2. If required, enter your mailbox number and password
3. You will then be presented with a main menu which allows you
Record a Mailbox Greeting
The voicemail system allows you to record your own greeting that will be played to a caller when they are put through to voicemail. A tailored greeting ensures callers that they have reached the correct person or department within the company.
To listen to and amend your greeting, do the following…
1. Whilst in the main voicemail menu, use the arrow keys to scroll to the GREETING option and press SELECT
2. Use the soft keys to select your required action as follows:
- RECORD a new greeting (a new greeting must be at least 3 seconds long, otherwise the system will discard it)
- LISTEN to your existing or newly recorded greeting
- SUBMIT your new greeting to your mailbox
- DELETE your existing greeting (the system will default to the standard voicemail greeting)
- CANCEL to return to the main menu
When a message has been left in your voicemail box, both the message button and the message lamp on your phone are lit up and will remain lit until all the new messages have been played.
To listen to your messages, do the following…
1. Whilst in the main voicemail menu, use the arrow keys to scroll to the LISTEN option and press SELECT
2. Use the arrow keys to scroll to the group of messages you want to listen to (either NEW, OLD or SAVED) and press SELECT
3. Use the arrow keys to scroll through your chosen group of messages and use the soft keys to select your chosen action as follows:
- PLAY / PAUSE to start and stop playback of the current message
- CALL to phone back the person who left the message
- BACK to return to the previous menu
- DELETE to delete the message
- SAVE to mark the message as saved (saved messages will not be automatically deleted within the pre-defined timescale of 30 days)
- COPY to copy the message to another mailbox ( you will be prompted to enter the destination extension number)
Sending A Message
You can use the voicemail system to record and send a message to another mailbox as follows…
1. Whilst in the main voicemail menu, use the arrow keys to scroll to the MESSAGE option and press SELECT
2. Press RECORD to start recording a message
3. Press STOP to stop recording your message
4. Use the following soft keys to perform your required action…
- NEW to record the message again
- SEND TO to define where you want to send the message to. Enter an extension number and press ADD. Multiple numbers can be added to the list before pressing SEND.
- PLAY to listen to your recording
- CANCEL to abandon the message
Send a Call To Voicemail
If you are busy with a task and want to send an incoming call directly to your voicemail, you can do so by doing the following…
1. If the incoming call is not highlighted call on your phone display, use the arrow keys to highlight it.
2. Press the To VM soft key to redirect the call to your mailbox.
Transfer A Call To Another Mailbox
If you answer a call but discover it should have gone to another user or group, you can transfer the call to another mailbox as follows…
1. With the caller still connected, press the MESSAGE button.
2. Dial the extension number of the user or group that you want to transfer the call to (their name will be displayed)
3. Press SELECT to transfer the call to your chosen user or group’s mailbox.
4. Press CANCEL to exit the transfer menu.
Setting Up Email Alerts
In the voicemail system, it is possible to configure your system so that it sends you an email when there is a new message in your voicemail box. The email can either be a simple alert or can include the message as an attachment.
If your system is enabled with this feature and your email has been added to your voicemail by your system administrator, it can be switched on by doing the following…
1. Whilst in the main voicemail menu, use the arrow keys to scroll to the EMAIL option
2. Press CHANGE to select from the following options:
- OFF to turn off the email facility.
- COPY to send an email with a copy of the voice message as an attachment.
- FORWARD to send an email with the new voice message as an attachment and delete the message from the voicemail box.
- ALERT to send an email alert only advising there is a new message but without a copy of the message attached.
- Press SAVE to save your chosen option
- Press CANCEL to exit without changing the setting.
Switch Voicemail On and Off
You can choose whether you want voicemail to answer your calls by switching it on and off as follows…
1. Whilst in the main voicemail menu, use the arrow keys to scroll to the VOICEMAIL option
2. Press CHANGE to change the status to ON or OFF
3. Press SAVE to save the change
Changing Your Voicemail Password
Regularly changing your passcode ensures that your mailbox is secure and protected.
To change your password, do the following…
Whilst in the main voicemail menu, use the arrow keys to scroll to the PASSWORD option and press SELECT
1. Enter your existing password and press SELECT
2. Enter a new password and press SAVE (the password must consist of at least 4 digits – a series of numbers or repeated numbers are not allowed)
For more information on Avaya Business Telephones or to request a Free Consultation regarding your business phone system requirements, contact Direct Voice and Data on 0800 84 999 84 or visit our Website.