The Alcatel-Lucent 4039 Digital Phone is part of Alcatel’s 9 series digital desk phones designed to improve business communications through a wealth of features.
Helping you to effectively manage your calls, here is our guide to holding, parking and transferring calls on the Alcatel 4039 digital phone…
Holding a Call
Following the receipt of a call, you may wish to place the call on hold whilst you consult with a colleague or look into your caller’s enquiry in detail.
1. To Put A Call On Hold…
- During the call, press PUT ON HOLD
- Your telephone display will indicate that your caller is on hold and your caller will be played your company’s chosen hold music
2. To Remove A Call From Hold…
- Press the button displaying the music note icon
- You can now continue speaking with your caller
Parking a Call
Parking a call is similar to putting it on hold – the difference being that the call can be picked up on another user’s telephone.
1. To Park A Call…
- During a call, simply press PARK THE CALL
- A message will be displayed on the screen of the destination telephone advising that a parked call is present
2. To Recover A Parked Call…
- Using the destination telephone, press MENU, SETTINGS, MY SERVICES, CONSULTATION, CALL PICK UP SERVICES, PARK/RETRIEVE CALL
- The parked call will be connected
- If a call is not collected within a pre-defined time (eg. 1.5 mins), it will be transferred to the main operator
Transfering A Call
If a call is routed to your extension but is relevant to another department, it is possible to simply transfer it to the correct destination.
1. How To Transfer A Call…
- During a conversation, simply dial the extension number of the relevant person or department
- The original call is automatically put on hold while you make the internal call
- If the number answers and agrees to take the call, press TRANSFER to connect the call
For more information on Alcatel-Lucent telephone systems or a discussion of your telecommunications needs, contact Direct Voice and Data to find out how we can help. Call 0800 84 999 84 or visit our website.